An overview of last year's Annual Meeting can be seen here.
Again this year, the Annual Meeting will feature a Photo Contest dedicated to the memory of the late Bill Killborn. Bill was a talented local photographer and web designer who donated many hours to the Friends group.
We are asking for donated photos to be judged and then auctioned off. Proceeds will fund Friends projects throughout the coming year.
Anyone is welcome to enter, regardless of Friends membership or level of photography experience. Entrants are invited to join Friends (your membership covers an excellent luncheon) but it is not required.
Guidelines for participating:
- Your donated photos must be 8”x10”and matted.
- The subject must be nature but it can be any location, not just our Refuges.
- You may submit up to 2 entries.
- Your name must not be printed on the front of the photo.
- Print your name and contact information on the back of the photo only.
- All who attend the Annual Meeting and Open House will vote by ballot to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbon, which will be given after lunch.
- A silent auction with a minimum bid of $10 will be used to purchase each photo. Those not purchased will be returned to the owner.
- Deadline for submitting photos is Thursday March 2.
- Please submit your photos in a large sealed envelope with your name on the outside. You may drop it off at the Cedar Key Arts Center, 257 Second St. between 10:00 and 5:00 daily, or mail it to Friends of the Refuges, P.O.Box 532, Cedar Key, FL 32625.
For further information please call Bill at 314-918-0720 or Anne at 573-341-8330 or email email@example.com